Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sunny But Freezing!

I love the sunshine glittering on the snow. It's cold out there but the sunshine makes up for it in my book. Not so much in Don's, he hates the cold with a nuclear passion but can't afford to move. Oh well, I knit him warm things and listen when he complains. I'm a good wife--off and on.

December 17--Write about a red-haired woman Julia's hair was a lie. It blazed fiery auburn in the sunlight and hinted at submerged passions. Julia was not passionate about anything or anyone. Oh, maybe you could say she was passionate about order. The books in her library had to be in order. It was an ironclad rule. Few of her employees would use the word passionate when talking about Julia, though. Rigid, they might say, or inflexible. Determined might be the choice of someone taught not to speak ill of anyone. Even the most upbeat and positive of them called the red-haired spinster librarian driven. And she was driven. Driven to the exclusion of any arguments or excuses for even one book found out of order. No man had ever been brave or foolhardy enough to attempt to divert Julia's attention away from that order toward more passionate pursuits.

Ann made it home safe and sound yesterday evening. I'm happy about that because now I have someone to knit with in my very own home. I don't have to go out trolling for people to knit with I have one handy all the time--for the next 10 days anyway.

See you tonight!
--Barbara

No comments: