Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Last Day of Autumn

I find it demoralizing that we've had so much snow and so many frigid days and it isn't even winter yet. Whoever is in charge of this sort of thing needs to get on the ball. I thought it would make it easier to clear the driveway with Ann's car and my van covering most of it but it isn't. It's a pain to maneuver around the vehicles and clear a path to get them out. I'm not complaining though, I love my big red snowblower. Thanks, Don!

December 19--You are in a church. Sera stood in the aisle of the biggest church in Leesville. Her brother Michael was getting married in the church tomorrow afternoon and the whole wedding party was there for the rehearsal. The minister, a woman, was in her mid-thirties and good looking in a religious sort of way. Pastor Angela had the situation well in hand despite the barely controlled near hysteria of Cherry, the bride's mother. The bride herself, whose name was Grace, stood still at the far end of the aisle holding her father's arm and doing none of the fidgeting and dithering of most of the rest of the females in the nave. Spring sunlight streamed through the gem colors of the stained glass and Sera heard Cherry tell the poor beleaguered wedding planner that she wanted it to be "just like that tomorrow." Sera and her mom exchanged raised eyebrow looks and both of them looked at Grace who shrugged and then teased Cherry saying, "Mom, I don't think even you can alter the weather to your taste. Now sit down so we can get this over and go eat. I'm starving." Three of the groomsmen and an usher applauded.

I have to go shovel and snowblow. Have a great weekend. I'll be back tomorrow morning with another little splut of writing.
--Barbara

No comments: