Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Longest Night

That'll be tonight, and then little by little the light will start to win over the dark. It will creep back a minute or two a day until we realize that we're not driving in full dark when we leave work at 5 PM. Until we realize that the air is softer and gentler on our skin and doesn't try to slice us like a steel blade. Like it's doing today. Ah, Winter, you vixen, bring it on.

December 20--Write what you didn't say. I had my teeth clenched so tightly I was sure they would explode. The longer I worked for, well, them the harder it was to keep my opinions to myself. They could learn so much from me, like how not to chase customers away and what Customer Service really means. I could tell them the right way to treat the instructors, how they are the people the students admire and rely on for gear purchasing advice. I would advise them on paying their bills on time and how to spend their purchasing money. I should be in charge of most businesses, actually. I'd have them straightened out in no time. Governments too. Those people could really use a dose of my brand of common sense. I'd cut out all the pork and streamline bureaucracy from the local level all the way to the highest in the land. Religions would benefit too. In fact, why doesn't everyone just put me in charge? In six months I'd have the whole planet running much smoother.

Megalomania, anyone? Try not to blow away with the drifting snow.
--Barbara

No comments: