Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cruise Ships

Concentration has been a problem today. Not having any, I mean. I feel like I have sudden onset ADD today. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow. Dive friends from GB arrive tonight for 10 days so we'll have new playmates for a while. That should be good, I think. Maybe. I guess. We're kind of independent old cusses, me and the mister.

Sharon had planed to spend the afternoon in town shopping but Maria stopped her on her way out. “You going downtown?” she said. Sharon slowed her steps, trying to decide if she were willing to do a favor for the maid, not sure she felt like being that nice. “I thought I’d browse in Littman’s and maybe Island Fashions.” Please don’t ask me to run and errand, she thought, please don’t. “Why?” Maria saw the friendly light go out of Sharon’s eyes. “No reason, really.” Maria shrugged. “I noticed a couple cruiseboats in. Might be crowded down there.” You might see your beloved Diego, such a big man, she thought. You might see him making eyes at another girl he can get into bed. “Have a nice afternoon, missus” she said with a smile.

Stay warm!
--Barbara

No comments: