Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Mid-Week Crazy

Where's the button I push to slow life down?  Does anyone know where the "Pause" button is?  Remember playing freeze tag?  Yeah, I want that.  So many things are going on that I postponed the cleaning lady's first visit for 2 weeks, just so I'd feel like I have a handle on things.


Let's see... my Asiatic Lilies are in full bloom and very pleased with themselves.  The colors are so vivid and cheerful.  Maybe the cooler weather we've had will convince them to bloom longer.  Dad's rose has 3 buds opening; this one's the most advanced.  It smells like a rose is supposed to smell.  I thank the fates that this is either an extra-hardy rose bush or that Dad planted it in the micro-climate of the south facing side of the house because I don't do a darned thing to help it overwinter, and it just merrily makes more roses every year.



I spent a few hours in a waiting room last night and discovered that with unvarying focus I can knit one of these preemie hats in 2 hours and 37 minutes.  I don't remember the name of this yarn color but it reminds me of Andes mint candies for some reason.  I need to dig out some more "boy" color yarn for the next hat, or maybe some gender neutral stuff.

I didn't write last night.  I didn't write the night before.  So all you get are flower pictures.  You're welcome.

--Barbara 
 
 

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hit the Pause button over the weekend and spent a couple of days just laying around doing nothing. Except coughing my head off. That was my excuse but it worked. Better now!! All your flowers are definitely photo-worthy. So pretty!!!