Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Sedum in Colors

 The pink sedum is just about done being pink.  This little cluster is about all the pink that's left.  The other clusters are brown, not an attractive color.



The bronze sedum is in its heyday.  All of the clusters are perky and bright but now that I think of it there wasn't a bee in sight when I went out today to take pictures.  I wonder where they went.


 

Another Stella d'Oro is representing for the other ten today.  There are buds on a few but only
one flower.



The Black-eyed Susans are still going strong.  Well, half of them are, every other plant has flowers on it.



One of the squirrels spent a good amount of time nibbling on the suet pellets.  I'm surprised that the chipmunks haven't figured out a way to get up there too.


Today's toss was a pair of bamboo pens.  I was going to learn to draw on my watercolors with them, lo these many years ago, but that never happened and my India ink dried up.  I don't think I'll be using them.

The prompt today said that you wake up and all of the clocks all over the world have stopped and there's no way to tell time.  What happens next?  Chaos, that's what happens next.  Buses, trains, and planes need a time standard so that people show up for their services.  Imagine that chaos of airports and train stations if people just showed up expecting to get to where they need to go.  What about work?  What about schools?  The world would be a mess without clocks.  I think.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Maybe the bees liked the pink sedum best. No clocks?? Back to the old sundial I guess.