Monday, October 4, 2021

Mums

 When I went out to get the mail this morning I noticed that the mums are in full bloom.  I love the copper ones the best I think,



but the gold ones seem especially glowing this year.  I wish I had some dark red ones but I don't have a place for them.


 

 

The purple mums aren't in a mound shape like the copper and gold ones but they're doing their best to engulf the base of Dad's rosebush.



The milkweed all turned yellow while I was gone last week.  I was surprised that the fall colors weren't blazing in Door County but I guess the oddball weather that we've had this year had something to do with that.  Some of the trees on my block are shedding their leaves like crazy and others are still all green.  Nature is confused.


All week long The Clearing's chipmunks ran around and through the chairs as we sat together outside in the late afternoons.  Some of us might have been drinking wine but not me, well, only a little, but the chipmunks all moved way too fast to have their picture taken so I took a picture of this one posing on the patio step today as a representative of them.


Today's toss was a giant red plastic piggy bank that was up on a closet shelf.  I don't know how I missed donating it in the last sweep of closet cleaning but its time has come.  Out it goes!

The prompt today said to play a word association game with yourself starting with the word "strange."  I started there and in thirty steps got to "use."  I had hoped to get back to "strange" but ran out of steam.

I spent the afternoon chapter-izing Better Than Mom's and adding on the scenes that I wrote last week at The Clearing.  

This morning I took DS's Boy Scout shirt over to him at Zambaldi because he's OJ's den leader for Lion Cubs and the first meeting is tomorrow night.  Now they have Lion Cubs for kindergartners before Tiger Cubs in first grade and then plain old Cub Scouts in second grade and beyond.  I don't remember when they transition to Boy Scouts, maybe in sixth grade.  It's great that both LC and OJ will be in scouting.  It sounds like Girl Scouts is a lot more fun and interesting than it was when I was in it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

So nice that DS is a Cubs Leader. Another reason to be proud of your boy. All your mums are beautiful. My small ones look very puny compared to yours.