Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Flowers Today

 It doesn't feel much like fall lately but the mums are loving this weather.  I don't know if it's the temps in the 60s and 70s or the damp and drizzly days but they are in bountiful bloom.  The gold ones are the brightest.  They glow even on an overcast day.



The copper ones are the biggest mound of flowers,




and the purple ones are working to surround Dad's roses with purple flowers.



Speaking of Dad's roses, they're still blooming too.  It's crazy to see a rose blooming in the middle of October.




The geraniums in the backyard are still putting on a show too.


 

 


The drawing assignment today was cylinders.  We drew a trio of nondescript cylinders that I think look like oil tanks, but then he had us grab three identical cans to draw a still life.  I didn't have three soup cans, I didn't have three of any kind of cans, so I drew two soup cans and one tomato paste can.  Now that I think of it I have at least three cans of beans downstairs but it's too late now.  I'm very pleased with what I did.



This evening I finally finished the toe cap I started in August.  It's been lying in timeout since I started knitting two pairs of fingerless mitts and then finished the baby blanket.


Today's toss was a paperback book and a couple of toddler puzzles.

The prompt today said to write down three statements about yourself that are false.  Easy.  I love heights.  I like riding roller coasters.  I am not afraid of falling down stairs.  There, now you know my deepest fears and they're all sort of related.

All day I kept thinking it was Sunday but I had to know it was Wednesday because it was trash day and the mailman came.  How can I not know what day it is?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thanks for the flower show today. Can't get over how big and beautiful your mums are. Must be perfect weather for them up there in GB. Your can drawing is great. I'm giving you an A++!!