Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Making a List

I'm a list maker.  Most of the entries in my journal are lists.  I had to make a new list today for what to pack when I go to Florida next week.  I know it's early to start packing but I'm in the throes of the "I'll just stay home" portion of trip prep.  Oh, not that I don't want to go but every time I slide into feeling that there's too much to deal with and organize so I think that I'll just stay home.  I never have and I won't this time, but making a list and starting to pack helps.


I did some Wii step aerobics this morning and then went to the Y this afternoon to walk on the treadmill.  My right knee is a little achy.


On the way home I stopped at Meijer because I found a recipe this morning and wanted to make it.  It's Sloppy Joe Spaghetti Squash Bowls and it's WW.  You halve the squash, scoop out the seeds, and bake it.  In the meantime you saute onions and ground turkey, add no-salt tomato sauce, a little brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  I added a Tablespoon each of Worcestershire sauce and yellow mustard to make it taste more like Mom's sloppy joe recipe.  When the squash is cooked you fork the strands a bit and then scoop half of the sloppy joe into the shell/bowl, top it with low-fat shredded cheese, and broil it for a minute.  Garnish with a little sliced scallion and eat it up.  It was a good thing that the biggest squash at the store weighed just over two pounds because I never in a million years would have been able to eat half of the three pounder the recipe called for.  You heard me right, you chop the squash in half because you're making two servings.  I doubled the sloppy joe because the ground turkey only comes in pounds and I figured that it'd be better to have on hand all made up.  It was pretty darned good except for the cheese not really melting.  In the picture it looked all gooey, but in reality low fat cheese doesn't get gooey, it gets weird.  I think next time I won't try to melt it.


04 February--Barbara Malcolm, Three Cheers for Murder. 

--Cecilia calls her daughter, Marie, the next morning to complain about the way Archibald whisked her out of the crime scene.  Marie is outraged and Cecilia is a little giggly and girlish about the event.  Marie and Cecilia talk about the murder.  Marie is concerned that her mother might be in danger.  Cecilia reassures her that nothing will happen to her.  Besides Detective Archibald volunteered to protect her, even offering to stay over if it would make her feel safe.  They laugh over the thought of Cecilia having a man sleep over.--


This's another one of those reminder segments.  I was going to leave it out but I thought it was info you'd need.  You'll understand why later.  Hey, don't look at me like that, it's a mystery.

It was sunny for part of today which probably explains why I was a little peppier.  It's supposed to get colder tonight and be mostly cloudy for the next few days.  Not fair.  It's supposed to be warmer when it's cloudy not colder.  Wah!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hear you with the "oh I'll just stay home" thoughts. I do that too. Plan something weeks in advance and then when the time comes, it's too much trouble. But NOT THIS TIME! You've got to get out of that cloudy, dreary place for a week. Then when you got back, it'll be a welcome sight and you'll be reborn. I'm with Marie about her mom being in danger. Don't trust that Archibald guy.