Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig-Jig



I got home around noon today.  We had a great weekend, talking talking talking, laughing, seeing sights, playing cards, and eating.  I toured them around The Clearing and think if they lived closer they'd be going up for an escape too.  We decided that we need to have a get-away next year.  None of this "we should get together again" and never do it stuff so we're going to Galena, IL sometime next summer.  Info gathering first.  Requests have gone out.





I bought a rug at a different thrift store in Sister Bay.  It's 5' x 8' and I put it on the patio to cover up the marks from MW's impact hammer when he chiseled away the patio glacier.  It wasn't very expensive and when it's served its purpose I'll toss it and get another one.





See the yarn I bought at the new shop in Baileys Harbor?  I was looking for black and white yarn and BV found it.  BV is very good at finding things for other people to buy.  What a good friend she is.





DS posted a photo of the sign that appeared on the fence around the brewery building site the other day so we drove over there on our way home to see it and I was very excited to see that the forms for the footings had been put up.  Baby steps but at least in the right direction.



I found a new purse, a smaller purse, so I can't haul around all of the crap that weighs me down.  I also found these absolutely darling little purses for LC and OJ for Christmas.  The cool thing about the purse is that the lining prevents bad guys from scanning my credit card numbers in my purse.  I never knew that was a thing, evidently it is, and I like it.





30 July--Barbara Malcolm, Horizon. 

        I came back from The Clearing a changed woman.  A week up there away from everyone who knew me gave me the courage to try and worry less about how others think of me and not feel like I’m living under a microscope all the time.  It was a real revelation to realize that those people accepted me for who I was—and they liked me.  No preconceived notions of how I was supposed to act, just Gail the painter from Kingman who had gotten to be pretty good in a really short time.


Once again I'm up too late.  Nighty-night.
--Barbara

No comments: