Monday, September 11, 2017

Oh, That's Why

I couldn't figure out why I was so blah and lacked energy on Saturday.  At 3:00 AM on Sunday I awoke with my throat on fire and my sinuses full to the brim.  That explained a lot.  Now I am on a regimen of Zycam, Hall's honey-lemon drops, Afrin, and a healing meditation I found on Insight Timer on my phone.  After I post this I'll take a shower (trust me, I need a shower) and then go to the store for a vat of orange juice and some Sprite to start slamming Vitamin C and fluids because I have to have my stuff all packed and organized because I leave for The Clearing this coming Saturday.  I'd like to go without a stuffy head.  I've got the last of the chicken and spinach soup thawing too.  Soup and orange juice, that'll fix me right up.  Yesterday afternoon I managed to cut and partially sew up a mesh overshirt I've had in mind for a few months.  All that's left to do is add the neck binding and then hem the sleeves and bottom but I quit when I started to cry because I was having trouble threading my serger.  When you cry over thread, it's time to quit.

 
There was a home football game yesterday which means we had a flyover.  I missed it.  It was really loud but I don't know what kind of planes they were because Durwood didn't look up until too late. But the sky was pretty, wasn't it?



 
This is the sight that greeted me when I went out for the paper this morning.  My poor sick and dying maple tree's sparse leaves are almost all turned color and they're dropping like flies.  What am I going to do when the tree dies?  I wonder if the city will come and plant another tree for me.  They'll probably make me pay for it. 


September 11--Bernhard Fiedler, Ruins of the Temple of the Sun in Egypt.  The first rays of sunlight turned the ochre sandstone wall of the Sun Temple pink.  Leah sat with her back to a fallen block, her hands wrapped around a mug of strong coffee as she watched the ruins come alive with the light of a new day.  The night's chill fled as soon as the edge of the sun disc made it above the horizon.  She hadn't believed the people why told her that Egyptian nights were chilly but they were.  She was glad she had stuffed a thin hoodie into the corner of her bag.

I'm happy to report that Aunt B in Ft. Myers weathered the storm at home.  They have an inner room with no windows that they set up with water and TP and other goodies.  She said the only damage they had were some of the screens on the lanai.  Whew.  That is good news.
--Barbara

No comments: