Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Not Much to Report

When I have a cold, and now that I don't have to go to work and pretend to be nice to people, nothing happens.  In fact, I got up around 7 o'clock this morning, took some medicine, and went right back to bed to sleep until noon.  I don't sleep until noon.  I must have needed it.

Yesterday this fat little robin had a grand bath.  You can tell that it was born this summer because the parent robins look thin and worn out by this time of year, only the fledglings look so fat and happy and fluffy--because they're masters at getting any adult robin to feed them with a few flutters of their wings and pitiful peeps.  Kids sure know how to manipulate their parents, don't they?



I put on the neck band and hemmed the sleeves and bottom of the mesh overshirt.  I haven't had the energy to put on one of the outfits I'm thinking of wearing it with so I guess I'll just wait and see.  It's not like I've got a lot of time and money invested in it.  I already had the pattern and fabric and I'm still sewing up thread from Mom, so it's only really time that I spent on it.  If nothing else, I have an easy Halloween costume because if you look very closely at it, it isn't mesh, it's spiderwebs.


The only "no brain required" knitting project I have is Sudoku Long Strip #2 so when I've had enough oomph left in the evening that's what I've knitted on.  There's a crochet pattern nagging at the back of my mind but I'm for sure not going to jump into something like that when my brain's being consumed by snot.  It can wait.

September 13--Gustav Klimt, Amalie Zucherkandl.  The woman lay unmoving and pale beneath the orange sheet.  Her black hair fell over her forehead and spread out like raven's wings.  Clint stood in the train passageway looking through the window into what he thought was supposed to be his compartment.  He looked at his ticket, it said 27A, that's what the brass plaque on the door said.  He looked up and down the passage hoping to spot a conductor.  He didn't want to just barge in and startle her.

I gotta tell you, I was a bit surprised that what came out of my pencil last night was even coherent.  I hate head colds, they make me feel so stupid and sleepy all the time.  My eyelids are drooping, it must be time for more nasal spray.
--Barbara

No comments: