Monday, September 7, 2009

We Visit The Land of Giant Veggies


I convinced Durwood that we needed eggplant so off we went to the Farmer's Market at Festival. Our favorite corn people, Sunny Hill Farms, had a big booth and we were powerless to resist. We got a basket of tiny Damson plums like Grandma Angermeier grew ($2), 2 ears of the best sweet corn in the planet, normal sized eggplants ($1 ea), petanque ball sized beets ($1 a bunch), and a kohlrabi that defies description (50 cents). I foresee Layered Veggie Bake in our near future. Yum. I love this time of year.




In knitting news, I made one of the knitted hats I promised to my web-friend Rochard for a bunch of foster kids she makes sure get gifts. More to come!









And I shaved and sheared the fuzzies on Felted Purse #2, along with adding th
e clasp and a big purple button. Now it looks like a real purse instead of some alien pelt.










I also did a bit of extemporaneous yarn buying. It was on sale. Pretty colors, people.

1 comment:

trek said...

Hi, I tracked you back from your Blogger profile. I haven't got your email address for the Box Tops mailing.