Monday, June 8, 2009

Pouring Rain

That's all I have to say about that. Except to say that my last customer was wearing his winter coat and now I'm wearing wool mitts to keep my hands warm. June, people, June.

June 8--Jean Baptiste Greuze, Standing Young Girl. "See my new shoes," she says pointing her toe. If she leans forward any more, her breasts will pop free and spill out into view. Clothing was uncomfortable and voluminous in those days, and I'll bet there was no such thing as a comfortable pair of shoes. See the look on her face? She's proud of her new shoes but she looks a little sad. Why? Probably because those new shoes she's so proud of are killing her. Look how her foot swells over, just like her breasts over her bodice. The quest for beauty is ever painful.

Bah.
--Barbara

No comments: