Monday, June 29, 2009

How Are Things...

...in the land of Pain, Jennifer? Can you drive or will you need a ride on Thursday? Vicodin might be just the thing to jump-start your writing. I just killed a bug with my wireless mouse. Mice eat bugs, right?

Hey, Jenny, I just joined Facebook and found Navik and Eppy! I friended them both and have been accepted from Navik so far. I feel kind of foolish getting on Facebook with all the kids but I tell myself that it's new technology and I don't want to be left behind. Plus I so need more things to waste time on. Uh-huh.

June 29--Giovanni di Paolo di Grazia, The Last Judgement. A line can be democratic, a long line even more so. The rich and poor, black and white, each have their space, each feel a kinship to the next. Those at the head of the line are envied for being in front, proximity to the goal is their cachet. Relationships are formed by the proximity of one to another. Less attention is paid to differences, the equality of the wait forges acquaintance. Children dash up and down the line entertaining and being entertained. Common experience and acquaintances forge bonds that last at least as long as the line does. Even if all separate and never come back together, that fleeting time of common purpose binds them into one.

Not bad. An interesting idea.
--Barbara

No comments: