Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just Remember...

that Work provides the $$ for the Wii. Sorry to sound Mom-ish but it's a role I can't shake. So you can do the yoga, huh? Maybe when I get my balance in order I'll be better at it but I'm not holding my breath. I envision myself as this sleek elegant figure doing poses, a thin sheen of sweat glistening on my dewy skin, when in reality I'm dumpy and red-faced, sweating like a field hand, but just grinning and clapping doing the step aerobics. I love it even when I step when I should kick. My hips ache but I love it. Wii is good, honor the Wii. My surgeon said he loves his Wii too. Hey, have you unlocked the bubble thing in the balance part yet? I'm determined to get through it once without popping my bubble and I discovered that the bee can pop it if you're not moving fast enough. Geez. Oh, yeah, writing...

May 19--Chinese School, Young Shepherd. Mai and Chin lay in the grass filled with flowers and grazing sheep. They were feeling grown up and important. This was the first spring that they were sent out to watch the sheep with their older brother Rai. They were tired of being the babies and only getting to spend their days in the yard picking up the lost grains from the winnowing and finding the secret places where their hens laid their eggs. Last night when she tucked them into their sleeping place Oma had said they would need to wake very early because the walk to the grazing field was far. Rai had teased them and called them his herding dogs as they ran to keep the sheep together. Now that they were stopped for the sheep to graze, Rai played his flute, colorful birds tumbled in the treetops, and Mai and Chin dozed together in the sunlight.

Oh, I like this picture and I like what I wrote. I don't see it going anywhere but I like it. What are you writing?
--Barbara

No comments: