Monday, May 18, 2009

I've Ditched Horst...

...in favor of step aerobics. I can't get enough of it. I haven't yoga-d since I found it. Poor Horst. Thirty minutes of the step programs and I'm drenched in sweat and my hips are aching and I love it.

Got my first agent rejection today from the one I was sure would jump at the chance to represent it. Shows how good my judgement is. Not losing hope yet.

May 18--Georges Croegaert, La Liseuse. It took Lisette months to get her room just right. She had the walls painted three times before she found just the right shade of yellow. Days of combing the resale shops and antique shops in Montmartre brought the Chinese masks, the silk hangings, and the lacquered chest and table. The day bed was easy; all she needed was a single bed and piles of pillows that she had a seamstress make from remnants Lisette found on one of her hunts through the shops. Her husband, Georges, contributed the leopard skin run for the floor. He teased her that she needed some masculine touch to remind her whose money paid for all this Chinese splendor. But the books, the books were all hers and Lisette thought she could be content in a garret as long as she had her books.

Finally. It took two runs at it to get the little bit down and it's taken me three times to get it typed in here. I'm just too much in demand.
--Barbara

No comments: