Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'll Second That

I'm glad you liked the exercise, Jennifer, and that you found Roi's book online. On sale! I enjoyed it too and will bring those cards again for us to use as springboards.

I will confess that I am posting now to avoid going out and mowing. I know it's a contradiction since I complained all last week about my dive friend's high-handed command that I let him mow my lawn, that I can do it myself, but you know, I'm lazy and it sounds like a good idea now that it's time to mow again. No. I'm not going there. I'm going right out, as soon as I've posted last night's prompt writing, and mow that grass. I can rest and take it slow. I can do this. It'll be good for me. I'll tell Horst, my Wii Fit pretend trainer, and he'll be proud.

May 15--French School, How Alexander the Great Mounted Bucephalus. Okay, I'm about ready to revoke this artist's artistic license. I am certain Alexander didn't have such tiny feet and skinny legs. He was probably a burly muscular guy with a beard--and a better hat. This Alexander looks like a simpering courtier, not the guy who conquered everything and everyone in sight. I am also certain that his great horse Bucephalus had neither a unicorn horn nor a peacock tail. This was a war horse, people, a sturdy muscular horse that could gallop all day. Bucephalus wouldn't shy at a small snarling dog either. He'd stamp on it and move on. I don't blame whoever painted this for not signing his name. I'd be ashamed too.

There you have it, last night's late efforts at writing. It was very late, almost midnight. That's my excuse for the lack of creativity and brilliance.
--Barbara

No comments: