Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Royal Fish

Bob, I like your little vignette, especially that he keeps saying how good the hash browns are until anyone hearing wants to throttle him. Very human and real. Tiresome is a great word. Last night's writing is pure babble, I guess I wasn't tired enough to be eloquent, but I put it on here for your amusement.

Wearing her crown of gold and royal blue, robed from head to tail in variations of those colors, the Queen Angelfish makes her stately way across the reef. I always think of them as "her" when I see them, but there must be males too. Do they look the same, or is this most beautiful of reef fish giving virgin birth? Nah. They don't get pregnant, they release either eggs or sperm and hope for the best. The Queen Angelfish has pouty lips and is a bit of a flirt--not friendly, mind you, actually very shy, but you can sometimes tell she knows how beautiful she is just by the aloof way she swims past flicking her fins at you. She's hard to photograph too. I know she's thinking, damned paparazzo.

Ann's coming home today! Yippee! I'm so excited to see her and have someone to play with yarn with for a couple days. See you tomorrow evening.

--Barbara

No comments: