Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ta-Da!


I finished the market bag. I love the way it turned out--and if I'd gotten up earlier today I could have inaugurated it at the Farmer's Market, but I didn't. Or I'm too lazy to shower and go. But there's another one Wed. afternoon and I can stop--oh, no, wait, Wed. is July 4th. Hmm, I wonder if they'll have it with all the holiday stuff going on. Maybe they'll put some note in the paper. Anyway, I like it; it's the free Lily Sugar 'n Cream Market Bag pattern with only 2 rounds at the base and I used a larger (K) hook recommended on the yarn/string label, which made it bigger. I'm still knitting away at my ribbon scarf, but it's awfully slow going. Hopefully I'll get faster as I keep working at it.

And--the lilies are blooming! Aren't they beautiful? I wish they flowered longer, or again, but this is their one blaze of glory for the year.

3 comments:

Psyche said...

Your bag looks lovely! I've been slacking some in the project department; I've started my third sock, but I've only gotten 2 rows farther on the illusion thing.

And the lilies are so pretty. I miss having flowers!

~Ann

bookie said...

One of these days you'll live in a place where you can have flowers again. I don't think you're slacking off; you've learned to make socks for heaven's sake! I slow down on things that frustrate or bore me too. Better go weed!

Mom

Julie said...

What a great market bag!