Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Purses--who knew they could be so easy?


The seamless purses in the Quick Crochet, Huge Hook book were fascinating with bright colors and interesting yarns. I decided to try one. I smoked less while my hook flew. I gave away the first one, made in black & white bulky yarn with gold and silver threads and lined in red dupioni silk. Then I suddenly needed something to keep me occupied in husband's hospital room just before Easter (can't smoke in there!) and something special for our son's fiancee's Easter basket. Thank heavens for WalMart's clearance bin! Found 2 skeins of Lion Suede in a yummy caramel and one of a variegated eyelash in peach, yellow, caramel & wine. It was a small enough project to carry to the hospital and used a hook big enough to satisfy me that I was accomplishing something. I picked up the eyelash yarn to make a couple of stripes in the purse and added it to the handles just because I loved the way it looked. I lined it with a flashy turquoise scarf print fabric with a tiny bit of stretch so the purse would be roomier. She loved it.

My determination to quit smoking took a dive worrying about my husband's recovery. Didn't give up on quitting but put it on the back burner for a few weeks until he's back on his feet and I'm not so frazzled.

No comments: