Monday, May 17, 2021

Meow

All morning I got frustrated because every time I picked up the camera to take a picture the bird flew away.  Twice it flew away just as I pressed the shutter button so I got a blur at the edge of the frame.  This afternoon I saw this sleek gray bird with a black cap on.  It's a Catbird, called that because one of its calls sounds like a cat's meow.  No, really.



Then a male Cardinal showed up on the platform feeder and stayed just long enough to have his picture taken.  Cardinals sure don't hang around for very long.  Some people think that Cardinals are the embodiment of departed loved ones.  I don't know about that but if it's true I'd like them to please stay longer.


I saw movement on the suet pellet feeder and there was a Downy Woodpecker hanging on sideways having a little snack.  It's probably time to fill up the feeder.  I'll do that tomorrow after I mow.  I don't want to mow but the dandelions in the front are getting really tall and they look bad so it's time to mow them down.


 


I weighed the May Preemie Hat #3, then I weighed the yarn I was knitting with including the part I took off the needles.  It's a good thing I did that because the hat weighed more than the yarn.  Dang it.  So I ripped it out and cast on the smaller size preemie hat.  Now I'll probably have a bunch of yarn left over but that's better than running out at the very end.


 

Today's toss was a big Pyrex glass bowl.  It was living in the basement and never got used.  Out of sight, out of mind.

The prompt today said to write a short crime fiction story that starts with a blind date.  I did it but I'm out of practice writing short stories, I have way too much set up and not enough story.

I went to the grocery this morning to get a few things for lunch on Wednesday when Lala will stop on her way up North.  A few things, yeah, it cost me almost $60 to get out of the place.  I might have put a few extra things in my cart but lunch is going to be great.  I had lots of coupons too, which helped, and there will be lots of extra grilled chicken and other salad fixings so it's all good.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, it's time to fill that one feeder. It looked like it's on the "low" side. Don't want those birds to go somewhere else for lunch. Glad to read you'll get to see your friend. Things are getting back to something close to old-time normal. Yay!!!