Friday, April 30, 2021

Tulips

 It's tulip days!  The pale pink ones in the front of the house are just about ready to open...



... and the red ones on top of the retaining wall opened today.  I should go get some for DIL1, they're her favorite flowers.



In the afternoon I mowed the lawn.  Most of the dandelions weren't tall enough to get mowed down and many of the violets ducked under the blade too.  I made sure that I didn't mow down these little purple violets.  Aren't they sweet?


 


My hands are aching from knitting with these big needles and big, not very stretchy yarn.  I've got one more round to knit before closing the top and then I need to make a big pompom for it.  I'm not sure I'll make another one of these hats since my hands hurt.  Knitting's supposed to be fun, not hurty.

 

This female Robin figured out how to wedge herself onto the tiny perch on the side of the suet cake feeder.  She gets up there and flaps her outside wing to keep her balance while she pecks at the suet.  She can't stay up there for long but she's determined.


Today's toss was a too long pair of workout pants.  I thought about shortening them but tried them on and they're also pretty loose in the waist so into the donate box they went.

The prompt today asked you to think about people you dislike, then asked what made you dislike them.  Sheesh, what kind of question is that?  I can't really think of a person I dislike, seriously.  I dislike people who are emotionally needy so that's my answer.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Tulip time in Green Bay. Very pretty. The violets remind me of 3310 Cave. That sweet little homestead glows in my mind. I'm proud of that very determined robin and glad I don't have to perform that kind of balancing act to get something to eat!