Wednesday, April 21, 2021

And Snow

 I was not pleased when I opened the curtains this morning to find snow on the ground.  Not a lot and it didn't stick around long, but it was snow.  Ack.  It was sunny most of the day, not warm, but sunny.



Then around 3 o'clock I looked up from my knitting to find that it was snowing to beat the band.  Again it didn't stick and melted on contact but it was a vigorous snow flurry for about fifteen minutes, then it went back to being sunny.  I hear it's supposed to warm up over the next few days.  Can't happen soon enough.  A little consistency would be appreciated.


The House Finches were the only birds at the feeders this morning.  I caught the male when he had his breast in the sun so his raspberry color shows off well.



 

One of the squirrels spent some time hanging from the suet pellets.  I keep watching for woodpeckers but only see starlings and squirrels.


 

 

I spent the afternoon and evening knitting the heel flap, heel turn, and gusset of the Purples Sock.  Now I'm up to the endless round and round of knitting the foot.  Maybe I'll cast on a toe sock as a breather from knitting with this skinny yarn.


Today's toss was the last of the denim capris.  They were never my favorites.

I had a forgetting day.  I forgot all about writing the prompts and I forgot to link up with friends on Zoom.  Mostly because I kept thinking that today was Tuesday instead of Wednesday.  *grinds teeth*

My tenant texted me that she had run into the garage door and bent it.  She said that her husband would try to fix it and it looks like he'll be able to, but I spent a few hours dreading having to replace the garage door.  That's the part of landlady-ing I don't like, that I'm the responsible one as far as the house goes.  This is why I threatened to sell the duplex and live in an apartment when Durwood was gone, but here I still am.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Seems like your tenant would have to repair the garage door if she's the one who damaged it. Not your fault!! I remember when you talked about living where your Mom lived once upon a time. That was a nice place but we'd all miss your backyard. Selfish I know but I don't think a move is in your immediate future. Even a flurry of snow is an insult at this time of year.