Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Snow Flurries

 Ack!  I opened the shade this morning to find little white flakes floating around outside.  It didn't stick around and didn't go on for long but it was snow  While trying to capture them on the camera I saw a Downy Woodpecker on the suet feeder.



Shortly after, a squirrel showed up and leaped from the birdbath to the suet feeder chasing the woodpecker away.  It stayed there for a long time savoring the cracked corn and suet delicacy.



In the front of the house the Asiatic Lily is sprouting.  I like the shape of the leaves radiating from the center.



 

The grape hyacinths are still blooming like mad.



I knitted around on the Purples Sock this afternoon when I should have been outside raking leaves.  The leaves are stuck against the house and behind the garden and, really, someone should go out there, gather them up, and get them down to the curb.  Since I'm the only someone here, I guess that's me.  I had decided to do it tomorrow but just noticed that it's raining.  Do I want to deal with wet leaves?  I can't decide.  Ooh, I have a dental checkup tomorrow (now that I'm vaccinated), can't forget that.


Today's toss was four more Dress no. 1.  I'm sad to get rid of them but I won't wear them again so don't want them taking up room.

The prompt today was to write a poem about jealousy so I wrote about the way my body feels when I'm jealous--the squinty eyes, the tight gut, the clenched teeth.  Not pretty and not a very good poem, but I did it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

So much activity in your yard. Even with a snow flurry, it's definitely Spring. Tossing those "too big" dresses had to give you a lift. There's a whole new you up there in GB this Spring!