Monday, April 13, 2020

Snow!

Look at how the backyard looked when I got up this morning.  It snowed overnight.  Not a lot, maybe a half-inch, but the wind blew like crazy all day and the wind and partly sunny sky helped the snow melt by early afternoon.  We dodged the bulk of the storm.  Whew.  It'll be in the 20s and 30s the rest of the week but I'll put up with it if it stops snowing.





I made masks for DS and DIL1 out of the beer fabric I had downstairs and they arrived across town today.  (the Easter Bunny mailed them)  DS reported that it fit his big bean.  He looks happy, doesn't he?


 


None of my regular amusements appealed to me today so I dragged out a coloring book and markers and found this sealife heart that I colored, cut out, and taped in the front window.  Just because.


 

When the sun shone this afternoon I braved the wind to go out and take pictures of the grape hyacinths.  They're so tiny, the flowers are about the length of my thumbnail, they're a bit of a challenge to take pictures of but I managed.




Speaking of sunshine, I glanced out the patio door and saw something twirling and twinkling just below the gutter.  It was ice that had frozen on the end of a spider web dangling from there and twirling in the wind.  Right after I got this picture it was gone.  Amazing.


I've had a hankering for brownies for the last week or so but I've been hesitant to make them because I knew that I'd just eat them all in a few days and then spend days and days frustrated with myself.  So I surfed the WW website and found a recipe for Flourless Dark Chocolate Mug Cake I had all of the ingredients so I made it tonight.  It's no brownie and I think I overcooked it slightly but it was chocolate cake and it was warm and delicious.  I will definitely make it again.  And again.



13 April--Disturbed.  

Dry leaves flee
before the wind,
dragged from tidy piles 
to sprawl across the greening grass.
Raked in sun,
disturbed by wind,
spring snow dampened them,
but still they tumble,
scattered as before.
~~~~~

It was frustrating to watch drifts of leaves blow across the back yard today.  I finished raking but my downwind neighbor hasn't.  *sigh*  I'm renaming the leaves "mulch."  I'm done raking.
--Barbara

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love your sealife heart. You did a great job coloring it.

Aunt B said...

I feel as if I'm there when I look at your pictures. Perfect mask for your happy boy and perfect, cheerful coloring effort.

Today's poem:

Way up north, snow on the ground
But down here south, sunshine abound(s)!

Poor, I know. But my brain isn't quite in gear yet.