Monday, January 14, 2019

No Firm Grasp On Time

That's me in a nutshell.  You should see the list of to-do items in my Bullet Journal for today.  It's long.  It'd be impossible to do it all even if I stayed up for 24 hours.  Granted, I can migrate the un-done ones to tomorrow and keep doing that until the time finally comes that they get done but... really, Barbara?

This morning I wrapped up the festival that was the latest bout of Investment Cooking.  It stretched over four days and five recipes.  First thing I did was to retrieve yesterday's Veggie & Farro Stew out of the garage (which in winter is my backup fridge).  I added salt, lemon juice, and green Sriracha, stirred it all well, and portioned it out in 2-serving containers.  Oh, and sprinkled on the parsley and garlic garnish.  I'll give it some time to let the flavors meld before I eat some and then decide to keep it or toss it.







 
Next I weighed out and individually bagged the Herbed Chicken Breast I made on Thursday and divvied up the bok choy & onions that the breasts rested on in the crockpot.









 


After that I rearranged the top shelf of the fridge freezer so that I could cram it all up there, leaving one serving/container of each unfrozen in the fridge for this week's meals.  There's a whole back row of containers too.  Lots of food.  Lots of Tupperware.

Along about lunchtime I went out and filled the feeders, then heated up a mug of French Onion Soup that was Friday's recipe (oh, it's so good), then zoned out playing Spider Solitaire on the Kindle for a time.  Next it was laundry folding time.  It seems that I hadn't folded the laundry the last time I did the wash so I had two nice big baskets full of clean clothes to fold and put away.  I got an email from a knitting guild friend who wanted to consult my brilliance about a presentation she was putting together so I cast aside the remaining laundry and helped a friend.  I'm nice like that.  The cool thing is that it turns out that she has cousins up north where a friend of mine grew up and they're moderately-distant cousins.  Small world!

I have fallen down the start-itis rabbit hole this week.  I've started (but not finished) two preemie hats and instead of finishing one of them tonight I cast on and knit the cuff and part of the leg of another sock.  I did that out of pure selfishness because so far this month everything I've knitted is for charity and I was compelled to have something OTN for me.  You understand.





14 January--Tropical Obsession.  He stood facing the cliff, sweat already trickling down his spine even though he had only walked from his rental pickup which was parked in the shade about fifty feet away. Manning was glad he had worn thick socks and hiking boots. The ground was pocked with holes and littered with ankle-twisting rocks that had evidently fallen from the cliff face. Tucked in unexpected places were the globe shaped Turk's Cap cacti, their vicious yellow thorns poised below the ridiculous-looking red and white pad on top that had earned it the name. Manning thought the possibility of impaling himself on those thorns would be worse than losing skin to the rough limestone itself. He also knew he would have to be exceptionally careful when he was climbing. The Turk's Cap had a nasty habit of growing babies in every cranny; the young thorns emerged thick and sharp, and would pierce leather gloves.

This morning I called to line up more trainer sessions at the Y since I couldn't remember the workout routine even with the laminated sheet but have to go in to set them up.  *sigh*  I'll do it when I go to walk tomorrow afternoon.  Today's toss was most of the accordion files that I emptied of years of receipts after the tax accountant told me that I don't have to keep them for 10 years.  I slept for 9 hours last night and didn't do anything particularly physically or mentally strenuous today and I'm still tired.  Must be getting old.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I don't trust that Manning guy. Didn't he appear last week as the evil friend? You're not going to have to cook for a month. But more time to knit -- for preemies, for seamen and, of course, for yourself. Can't have too many colorful socks.