Saturday, August 11, 2018

Not a Productive Day

You know, I can't really tell you what happened to today.  I talked to a couple people on the phone in the morning, I remember that.  Then I got dressed to go to a wedding reception at 2:30 but ran a couple errands first.



At the reception, which had a circus theme, I got a henna tattoo on my hand.  I took a picture of the wedding cake which looked like three circus tents stacked atop one another but it was blurry so I deleted it.  The groom is a divemaster at the Aqua Center so I got to visit with a couple of the dive guys.  I miss those guys and their smartass remarks.  Sitting there in the breeze off the bay talking and laughing I almost teared up.  I guess I didn't realize how much I miss them.


Once I got home I sat with my feet up watching TV and knitting on the Montparnasse Eco Cardi back.  I hit the halfway row last night at Friday Night Knitting so I did some math to figure out how many stitches I still need to decrease and switched to decreasing every Right Side row.  I'll hit my target number before I get to 25" but I can knit even until I get there.  It'll all be sewn together so a straight part won't be that noticeable.


I was tired last night, it was late, I didn't write.  I'll write tonight, cross my heart.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Hope that henna tattoo stays on your hand for a while. Very pretty. Not surprised to read your remark about almost tearing up. This is an emotional time for you and like the rest of the women in your family, tears sometimes come at strange times. I got all teary one time watching the Rockettes kick in the Thanksgiving Day parade! We're softies that way!!