Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I Am A Widow

This evening around 6:30 my beloved Durwood breathed his last and took off for that big coral reef in the sky.  He's been my friend, my lover, my dive buddy, and my biggest cheerleader for the last 41-1/2 years.  I know I wouldn't have done half the things I've done or been brave enough to do any of them at all without his encouragement and confidence in me.  He fooled me into learning to SCUBA dive and then took me around the world to dive in spectacular places.  We had a great marriage that showed our two wonderful children how marriage should be.  We're so proud of DS and DD for the people they grew into and so happy that they are building their own great marriages--and making us some darling grandbabies too. He took care of me all that time and I returned the favor, especially in the last few years when COPD got the best of him.  As recently as last Sunday he found the breath to tell me how much he appreciated my hard work making his studio at the assisted living facility homey and a place that LC and OJ liked to visit.  Man, I'm going to miss that guy.


 




 --Barbara

2 comments:

Cool Bill said...

Dearest Barbara, My heart is breaking for you. Such a precious love. There's naught a person can say or do to make this easier for you, but know I love you as do so many others. In a way, you let us share the joy of your marriage, and more recently the hard and long goodbye. You will always hold Durwood dear to you, and you will be dear to us.
With much love, Judy Bridges

Cool Bill said...

Barbara -- I see my comment traveled via Dave's old link "Cool Bill." I don't know how to change that so will also post this comment on your FB post. xxxox Judy