Sunday, August 26, 2018

A Couch Day

Today was a couch day.  I warmed the couch while watching CBS Sunday Morning, then cut out the other two pairs of leggings that I bought fabric for last weekend (100 Acts of Sewing Pants no. 2), carried my supplies and the cut fabric downstairs, came back upstairs, and spent most of the rest of the day on the couch knitting and watching shows I'd DVR-ed over the last month.  Nothing noteworthy, nothing I had to think about, just mindless HGTV and NatGeoWild shows.


No, really, the only other thing I did was go out on the patio to disassemble the floral arrangements that were dying and, while I was out there, I picked the ripe tomatoes.  I did channel Durwood at suppertime by washing one off and eating it leaning over the sink like I was eating an apple.  I highly recommend it.



Here's what I knitted.  I ran across a pattern for a slipper sock knitted in super bulky yarn on size 13 needles so I dug out all the super bulky from the "leftover yarn" bin and made one.  I might make another one.  It won't match, of course, because I used up all of these yarns but I might make another.


August 26--Rene Lalique, Comb.  Gabe saw something glitter under the pile of leaves next to the trail.  He walked past but turned back after just a few steps.  It wasn't easy to find again.  He had to backtrack more and try to retrace his steps so that the weak spring sunshine sparkled on the metal again.  At first he thought he had made all that effort to find a beer can pull-tab but it turned out to be a carved bone comb with gold and pearls on it.  He had to tug to pick it up and realized with a sick feeling that it was tangled in the long brunette hair of a young woman buried under the leaves.

Well, that's creepy.  Maybe I need to stop listening to books featuring small-town sheriffs and game wardens that are always stumbling over bodies and find something less gruesome to listen to.  Maybe I'll switch to Agatha Christie and Dick Francis books; they're usually about murder but they're much less descriptive.  *shrug*  We had a couple thunderstorms roll through this evening and up until a few minutes ago it was raining but it seems to have stopped.  We really don't need any more humidity, my cheekbones are aching now.  No more, please.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you had a couch sitting day. Even a whirlwind girl like you needs to take a little rest very now and then. I just finished a pretty good -- not gruesome -- mystery by Laura Lippman -- "Sunburn". Her books are always good. Easy and forgettable.