Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Crisis Averted

Today is Tuesday and Tuesday is $10 Tuesday at Papa Murphy's Pizza.  Just about every
week we get ourselves a large Papa's Favorite on thin crust, have them take off the black olives, and add fresh tomatoes for just ten bucks.  Not that we don't like black olives, we do but they're a bit salty for me and we like fresh tomatoes better. We've gotten the same thing so many times so many weeks in a row that most of the pizza people know my name and the owner handed me our pizza no charge one week a couple months back.  When I was laid up with my broken ankle I'd call in our order, tell them when Durwood would be there so he could just pull up in front of the door and they'd send someone out with the pizza and take his money.  Nice, nice people.  Anyway, we were nearly out of fresh Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on our pizza.  Horrors!  So the other day I went to Sam's, bought 3#, and this morning I got out the shredder attachment for the KitchenAid and got the job done.  Crisis averted.  Whew.


Last night right before I headed off to bed I finished the first sleeve of the Black & Blue Shrug.  Tonight I'll get the second sleeve on the needles and get to knitting around and around, counting my rounds, and get that other sleeve done so I can Wear. The. Sweater.  I want that sweater.  I need to quit doing foolish things like laundry and cooking and knit that sleeve.



Speaking of laundry, today is laundry day (because I'm down to one pair of undies; it's a sign) so while I was down there I sat in front of the open freezer for about half an hour and redid the freezer inventory making sure that things were listed on the correct shelves so I can find stuff.  I reorganized the contents when I defrosted it not too long ago and should have done the inventory then but I didn't.  I'm usually good at crossing things off but I realized when I went down for some ocean perch that wasn't there last week that it was time to sit with my pencil and yellow pad.  You know, it's cold sitting in the basement in front of an open freezer.  Just thought you might like to know that.


Durwood spotted this male Downy Woodpecker on the peanuts at lunch today.  I'm always glad to see them.


January 23--Ganshi, Brown Pelican.  Lina felt a large shadow pass over her.  She sat in the sun of early morning facing the row of sailboat anchored just a few feet offshore.


That's it.  Do you think I might have been tired last night?  I have no recollection of putting my glasses, pencil, and notebook on the nightstand and turning off the light.  Maybe I'll start earlier tonight.  If I don't get caught up in sleeve-knitting, that is.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That's a lot of cheese. Thank goodness for that shredder attachment or it would take a very long time to reduce those hunks to shreds. Good job. And do finish that other sleeve. The shrug is too cute not to be wearing it.