Sunday, August 12, 2012

While I Have Internet Access...

I thought I'd blog just in case the NoDak Motel in Dickinson doesn't have wi-fi.  Yesterday's drive was long but uneventful.  We switched drivers every 100 miles or so, naturally I had to go potty lots more than Durwood did.  But that also meant that we had to leave the interstate to find a potty--in Evansville.  Evansville, Minnesota that is.  It's really a one-horse town a couple miles off the highway, but there's a gas station with public restrooms, thank god.  Our Fargo motel isn't far off I-94 and there's a family (non-chain) restaurant right next door.  And a Kmart across the street where we bought Durwood a watch since he forgot his.  The coolest thing we saw was an eagle sitting on a snag in a little wetland right near Hwy. 29 just wet of Shawano.  It was so close I thought I could have petted it.  Well, kids, we've eaten our granola with milk and it's nearly my turn in the bathroom.  I'll try to be back tomorrow.  Time to drive!

No comments: