Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Took the Weekend Off

Two weeks into a backache and with a growing toothache I just couldn't face writing last weekend. But I got a root canal last night and the tooth pain meds helped the backache so I wrote. Here it is:

August 11--I've never seen his face--His is the voice that sees me through the day and lulls me to sleep at night. It's such a peaceful voice, a warm voice. I know I can trust him. Everyone who hears him knows without a doubt that every word he says is true. I fantasize about his looks. I wonder if he has blue eyes or brown eyes. Maybe they're soft green or hazel like the first leaves on an olive tree in spring, you know, that soft gray green that looks a little blue from some angles. Yes, that must be right. And his lips are smiling all the time, not a grin, but a soft curve that sends light to his eyes as if you are exactly the person he was hoping to see. I wonder how old he is. I think he's just at the perfect age between adult and middle age when a person has a bit of maturity but retains a zest for life to balance it. I keep trying to find out how to meet him because he fascinates me. His words worm under my skin and make me jumpy. I Googled him but got not a single hit. He has to be real, he just has to be. He can't just be some computer voice broadcasting over my metal fillings.

So, the weirdness continues.
--Barbara

No comments: