Thursday, December 20, 2007

Not Really Surprised

I've always thought the Mayor was a bit of a bully and that he looks like a little tin-pot dictator, like he's compensating for his small stature by having a big personality. So him snapping at a reporter that he's running the city doesn't surprise me at all. I suspect he's gotten an inflated view of his importance through his dealings with the little martinets he's currying the favor of in the downtown redevelopment. I've never seen a developer who didn't have a Napoleon complex. Some men are born to greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them, and the rest keep trying to put it on and it doesn't fit.

Do your best with my manuscript. It's Christmas and I'm undermotivated. I want to sit in a cave (with good lighting) and play with sticks and string.
--Barbara

No comments: