Wednesday, July 4, 2007

We made a Fountain!


Don is crazy about hummingbirds and read an article about them being attracted to moving water. So he decided he/we'd build our own fountain. We found the pot and saucers at a garden center and a welder friend made the rack. I had a pump. Last Sunday we put it all together and it looks great. Haven't had any birdies bathing yet, but I think it's only a matter of time. Who wouldn't want to splash around in such a nice refreshing thing? We still have to work out a copper pipe parts crook for the plastic tube so it hooks over the top instead of swirling around the top saucer. It makes a great soothing sound too.

2 comments:

Psyche said...

How cool! I don't think you told me about this. Who made the rack?

I'm sorry I cut our conversation short yesterday. I hope you and Dad had a wonderful 4th!

bookie said...

John made the rack for us. But I had to take it down last night. None of the birdies or the squirrels would drink or bathe in it. Back to the old faithful birdbath.