Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Uh-oh, Michael's had a Sale!



First, and most important, I managed to knit the first 10 rows of the mid-month KAL with no frogging and very little confusion. To knit the second 10 rows, I did have to have Patti show me how to YO, which seems self-evident now that I know how to do it. I caught up this morning--just in time to print off the next 10 rows, of course.

It would have been rude of me (and fiscally irresponsible) to waste the 40% off coupon that was in Michael's ad, so I stopped in on my way to the yarn shop. All I bought were 4 skeins of S&C--and a Crocheted Sweaters book. Really, I had to! The S&C was on sale so the coupon didn't work for that, which meant I had to find something else to use it on. Naturally the purchase of the pattern book meant I had to go on Herrschner's website when I got home and order the beautiful wool/acrylic yarn I saw there. It's totally on clearance--I swear! It was originally about $12/skein and it's on sale for $3/skein. Wouldn't you have bought some too? I've been itching to make a sweater, crochet of course, and now I have a pattern and the yarn's on the way. Watch this space for further developments!

2 comments:

Psyche said...

Wow, a sweater? Impressive!

I was planning to e-mail you to urge you to give the KAL a try. If I can do it, you can!

Love, Ann

bookie said...

Not a knitted sweater, a crocheted one. The pattern I found consists of 2 squares (front & back) and 2 rectangles (sleeves). You use a P hook, dc, and bulky yarn, so it's oversized and not so hard to make. Can't wait to get the yarn and start! I'm doing okay on the KAL, slow but I'm getting there.

Love, Mom