The Bluejays were back today. This one came down onto the patio chair to remind me that the cob corn was empty, I think. Their raucous cries caught my ear when I was at my desk so I went out to see what the problem was. I refilled the cob corn and they got quiet. Or flew away.
Today we drew Poppies. Well, I drew one poppy because my paper is quite a bit smaller than hers and I skipped drawing a second, smaller one off to the left of the stem. Then she segued into drawing poppies in a vase but I had things to do so I skipped that too. Maybe I'll go back and catch the second half of that video when I get home.
Sparrows made themselves at home on the round feeder. They flit and flutter, changing places, hoping to find the best place to eat seeds.
The tiny Stella d'Oro lily bud bloomed today. I didn't notice another bud so maybe this is the last of them. I won't be home next week to see if there are more.
In the afternoon I took the time to draw a gratitude journal page for yesterday. I like the new sun shape I drew and I'm always pleased at the way I draw my vehicle. Who doesn't love a red car?
At Friday Night Knitting, I made it to the crown decreases on the Pale Orange & Tangelo Chemo Hat. I'm about halfway through them and will be done before you know it. When I get home, that is.
I finished packing to go to The Clearing tomorrow. I reprinted what I'm taking to be workshopped, thereby wasting paper and ink, but I realized that what I'd printed at first is nearly done and would be more showing off than asking for help. Chapter 1 of Not Fair is a better choice, plus it's three pages shorter. Also I switched out a couple short-sleeved tees for long-sleeved shirts. It's supposed to be in the 60s next week and it's always cooler and breezier up there between Lake Michigan and the bay of Green Bay.
I'll be back here next Saturday. I'll miss you but I'll try to post a few pictures on Facebook so you know I'm still alive.
Oh, and I got the shipping notice for Sailing the Seas author copies. They'll be delivered by UPS on Tuesday. When I'm out of town, dammit. Why can't they have come last Tuesday when I was home and could take some with me to The Clearing? No, that would have been too convenient. I'm not over my frustration. Not by a long shot. Can you tell?
--Barbara





1 comment:
Off to The Clearing today. Hope you have good weather. We're having rain down here. Have a good time and get lots of writing done.
Post a Comment