On Wednesday I was most grateful for seeing the Cooper's Hawk on the backyard privacy fence. It's always a good day when I see a Hawk. And I was grateful for having coffee and a muffin with my writer friend, GBB.
Today I saw the Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet nuggets. I'm coming to believe that it has a preferred spot to eat there because it's always on the back side with its head on the right. It reminds me of having a regular seat at the family table.
I found another set of drawing videos. They're by the same teacher so they're just line drawings. Today we drew leaves, one separate leaf and then five on a branch.
Tonight was my monthly knitting with the ex-board of knitting guild. KE made ham and cheese sliders, CS made roasted veggies, DM made beer cheese dip, and I bought fancy cookies. They drink wine, I drink water. We talk and talk and talk and we even knit. I thought I was to the crown decreases on the Pale Orange & Tangelo Chemo Hat but I was a couple of inches short so all I had to do was knit and purl around and around. Not much thinking needed. We gifted DM some things for her upcoming granddaughters. I knitted two teddy bears, CS knitted two tiny sweaters, and KE bought Dr. Seuss books for grandma's house.
This squirrel tried very hard to break into the round birdseed feeder. I don't know what it thought it would do but it gnawed away at the wires on the top for a long time. Then it turned around and ate seeds out of the feeding ports.
I did laundry today. A lot of laundry. A load of undies and socks, a load of towels, and two loads of sheets. Coupled with the two loads of clothing I did yesterday, it was a lot. It had been a long time since I did laundry and it showed. I only took a short walk while I waited in the school pickup line because I spent so much time going up and down the basement stairs.
I worked on Not Fair today and dropped the first body. It kind of feels too early in the story but I guess you have to start things with a bang. I'll double check the how-to book and adjust if need be. It's early days yet.
Man, I'm tired. I'm going to slap some photos on here and hit the hay. Good night.
--Barbara






1 comment:
I love your gratitude journal drawings. They're like a little illustrated page of your day. You did do a lot of laundry and made so many trips up and down the stairs. You're excused for skipping your walk 🚶♂️.
Post a Comment