Thursday, March 28, 2024

Yes, Ma'am

I've been procrastinating folding the sheets in the dryer for weeks. Weeks! And I confessed to it on here last night. This morning there was a comment from Aunt B telling me that I had to go downstairs and fold those sheets. So I did. That was the second thing I did today, the first after getting dressed to so I didn't freeze down there. There are no photos.


The first thing I did this morning right after breakfast was get out my watercolor things and boot up the YouTube video I found last night that's by the author of the watercolor book I've been trying to paint out of. Turned out that in the first video I watched she used a round brush, not the slant bristled dagger brush that I've been struggling with. So I checked out her other videos and found a flower one with a dagger brush. I tried painting it and didn't do too badly. I still couldn't figure out the motion of the brush to make the petals like she did but I got closer.

 


The Downy Woodpecker was back on the suet cakes this morning. I'm convinced that it's the same one because I have no idea how I would tell them apart.


I had a meet-and-greet Zoom this morning with the facilitator and writers in the next Novel Writing critique group that starts next Wednesday. We got acquainted a bit and then I spent an hour carving out the next chapter that I want them to critique, tidying it up a bit, writing a couple sentences about what came before, and sending it off. A couple of the others sent their submissions so I spent a little time reading and doing an initial critique. There are no photos of that either.

 

 

 

By then it was lunch time so I ate and then had an early afternoon haircut. I had her cut me some bangs. I think I like them.


When I got home I listened to a couple chapters of Better Than Mom's and then couldn't resist going back to watercolor. I'd found that she has an hour long instructional video for beginners so I watched that, then pulled out my stuff and dived in. At one point in the video she demonstrates the brush work that's giving me fits so I rewound it a few times and will do that again and again but I'm going to get it. Five of the small leaves on the right side of the paper are done almost right. I'll practice.


After supper I zoned out in front of the TV for an hour before coming back here to listen to a couple more chapters of BTM's. I'm over halfway through so I'll for sure get through it this weekend so I can get it back to Carol Anne early next week to keep the ball rolling.

I just realized that I neglected to do a Gratitude Journal page today. Maybe I'll do one in the morning.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Aren't you glad you got those sheets folded? You're welcome. Those bangs look very cute on your smiling face. And your watercolors look beautiful.