Thursday, October 20, 2022

Still Have a Flower

There's still a single Black-eyed Susan blooming up on the retaining wall. If I was a flower I don't know if I'd still be out in the cold and the wind. I might have given up and shriveled up but there's one cheerful yellow and brown flower out there shining away.



There were plenty of boxes of books to be sorted when I went down to the library this morning. I had an eye doc appointment first (all is well) and didn't have to have my eyes dilated (hooray!) so I got down there as soon as I was done and spent an hour emptying four of the boxes. These were a mix of all sorts of books, not exclusively military books like last week. The Friends of the Library Book Sale is in a couple weeks so we have to get those books sorted.


Then I went for a spin around the grocery and came home for a late lunch, threw in laundry, and sat down to write for a couple hours. I didn't get quite as many words down today as I have the last few days, only 539, but I did a bunch of organizing and rereading to make sure I'm saying things the way I want them to be said.


I had to do some emergency Meemaw-ing this evening. There was an event at school and someone didn't feel good enough to go so I sat and knitted while he watched a video. I knitted the heel flap and turn so I'll have real focused-thinking knitting to do tomorrow at Friday Night Knitting. Or maybe I'll cast on something simple like another cap so I can just knit and not have to think.



With all the things I did today I didn't get around to drawing until just about an hour ago so the only thing I drew is this stork. I think it turned out okay but his bill is too short. Or maybe I'm thinking of a crane. Anyway, it's alright.


Today's toss was a drawing book that I'm not thrilled with.

--Barbara

No comments: