Saturday, December 8, 2018

Knit 1, Purl 2

That's mostly what I did today.  First thing (after yoga and breakfast) I baked a couple of acorn squash part way, filled each cup with an egg, sprinkled on salt, pepper, and oregano, topped the egg with diced roasted red pepper, and baked it for a few more minutes.  Once the eggs were set they got topped with feta crumbles and some dill. I had one for lunch.  All of that yumminess is only 1 WW Freestyle point and I have three more to eat.  Yay!


This afternoon I went to a friend's house to knit.  She asked me to come over to help her stay on task.  She's got a bunch of cushion covers to seam up but can't seem to get off the mark.  So I sat and knitted while she sat and pinned as we binge-watched four hours of Smithsonian Channel shows about Queen Elizabeth, Windsor Castle, and Buckingham Palace.  BTW, a castle has towers, battlements, and, usually, a moat; a palace is a royal residence.  First I cast on and knitted an inch or so of a completely unplanned dishcloth, then cast on and knitted a few brim rounds of the next critter hat.




Today's toss is a box filled with all of the suitcase belts we collected over the years (so we could ID our cases on luggage carousels), the inflatable airplane neck pillows, and this ancient radio from I don't know where.  Goodwill, here they come!  Well, back of my car, here they come until it's full enough to warrant a trip all three blocks over there.  Okay, maybe it's four blocks to Goodwill.


8 December--Walter Laurent Palmer, Winter Sundown.  Sharon looked out to see the sun halfway below the horizon.  She checked the time, the clock read 4:57 PM.  Not even five o'clock and it was nearly dark.  How did people who lived farther north manage with even less daylight?  She felt like a mole blinking in surprise when the sun came out.  Garth would be home soon.  He would burst through the door in a rush of cold and exuberance.  The lack of daylight never made him feel slow and sleepy.  He was happy for every day no matter the weather.

I hear there's a home game tomorrow.  That means I should be alert for a flyover around noon, if that's when the kickoff is.  I do love the flyovers.  Then I think I'll hunker downstairs, get that last load of wash done, and sew more flannel dresses.  I have some Christmas sewing I'd like to do so I should probably get the dresses done first.  Me before you, after all.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thanks for the info re castles vs. palaces. Good to know if I'm ever on Jeopardy. Hope the Pack get a win today. Lots of upheaval lately. Not a good year for the Green Bean Pickers. I still count them among my favorites but none of my teams -- Packers, Dolphins, Panthers -- are doing well. Still love the game.