Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Patio Glacier

We have a patio glacier.  I realized it this morning as I finished up my yoga practice.  The snow on the patio has thawed and frozen and been walked on enough that it's compressed into a very thin but very sturdy glacier.  Breaking it up come spring will be hard work.  No patio yoga for the foreseeable future.



This afternoon I crocheted the "idiot cord" on OJ's Wool-ish Mittens.  I'm thinking he might need a matching hat.







After supper (turkey stir fry with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and sugar snap peas) I worked
on my swatch for the March Sweater Fitting class at knitting guild.  You can barely see in the upper left of the swatch but I put in a row of 9 garter bumps so I remember that I used a size 9 needle to knit this part.  Its a tip that LB read in an old knitting book and I shared in the last guild newsletter.  I'm thinking I might knit a few rows of garter stitch and then switch to a size 10 needle to see if I like that fabric better.  If I'm going to make myself a cardigan I want the fabric to be a little drapey so it makes sense to try things out, right?  Right.

February 21--James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Harmony in Flesh Colour and Red.  They looked like bridesmaids clustered there near the railing.  They all wore gowns of the same shade of red that were similar in design but each girl had made the dress her own.  They sounded like a flock of birds, sparrows because, like sparrows they traveled in a flock.  None of them ventured anywhere alone.  If they only knew how being together all of the time and their obvious exclusivity kept young men at bay.

Sorry my day was so unexciting.  I'll try to pep tomorrow up.  No, I won't, this is a tired time of year and I'm enjoying doing less.  Sleep well.  I'm hoping to.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Like your description of this being the tired time of year. So true. A matching hat for the red mittens is definitely a good idea. And you can do that even while you're resting!