Saturday, January 17, 2009

Progress Report #2

Here I am at the end of week 2 of Finished 2009, motivation courtesy of Samurai Knitter. My idea to designate a project for each knitting venue seems to be working well.



I
managed 3 and 1/2 afghan fishes at work this week. I'd have the 4th one done and maybe even the 5th one started but Monday morning one of the red/purple/orange ones kicked my arse and I had to frog and restart it three times. Three times! The whole thing's only 47 rows long and a max of 20 stitches wide, what was the problem? I haven't got a clue but I overcame whatever it was and plunged on.


At home I got the body and thumb of The Converts mitten #2 done. Today I'll pick up the stitches for the flip top across the back and hopefully finish that project this weekend, or maybe even tonight.

As soon as the mittens are finished, DIL's Silk Road purse will step into the "at-home" slot and get
some quality knitting time.



Thursday night at Patti's Yarn Shop I worked on the Socks X2. I probably added 1/2 to 3/4-inch. Switching from one needle to the other slows things down especially since the needles are the same color, but it's making more sense to me so I'm a little faster.





At Harmony Cafe last night I worked exclusively on Accidental Sock #2 and got half way through the heel flap. Once the heel's rounded the foot should go faster, except I have a size 10 foot, but that's okay, as long as I keep working on it even once a week I should get it done way sooner than 10 months.



I'm well pleased with my re-organized knitting life. I can see that I'm making progress on projects and I feel a greater sense of order (which pleases my inner-Hitler no end) and accomplishment. Yay, me!

No comments: