Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So Close to Being a Bad Mother


Last weekend, no, it was the weekend before... anyway, I gave my DIL-to-be the Desert Boots slippers because in the tossing frenzy before they came home from CA she tossed her old ones. (I thought, how much room could they take, but then I've been in those kinds of frenzies before so I understood.) She was happy to get them. Then last Friday DS came over for lunch and I asked if he minded that I'd made just her slippers. He got that endearing little boy pout on his face and said, "I didn't mind that you made her some first." Now, what mother can resist that? So instead of finishing the second guinea pig slipper of this yarn that I had just cast on I knit a man-sized pair of slipper boots. Lovelovelove the yarn--knits up great, nice and bulky, and the color pleases me on some elemental level--it's this in the Deep Sea colorway.

1 comment:

Abby&David said...

Thanks, Mom! You rock.
Love,
David