Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Three Bluejays

Three Bluejays showed up around the cob corn today. Three! I managed to take a couple of pictures. They aren't as sharply focused as I hoped they'd be but this one isn't too blurry. At least you can see what it is.

 


Another bird or birds caught my attention this morning while I was doing yoga. This Sparrow was taking its usual, splashy Sparrow bath and this Mourning Dove moved closer to take advantage of the splashing. I figure the Dove felt too dignified to get in the water and flutter around but it wasn't above sharing the splashes.

 

Yesterday's gratitude journal was fairly easy to draw this morning. I always like doing the child pose in yoga and I enjoyed spending a couple hours helping friends get started on Substack.

 


Before lunch I worked on the last two suggestions from the Manuscript Analysis so I think that the first cozy mystery is pretty well on its way to being done. So in the afternoon I started making a list of things for cozy mystery number two. Right away I had a change of plans. The person I thought was going to be the victim is actually a suspect, and the person I didn't realize I was setting up in book number one is the victim. I had a lot of fun brainstorming the possible features of book number two. I added two characters--a husband and a lover--that I think will be interesting to write. I looked up popular dog biscuit flavors, a really scrumptious looking kebab recipe, and a 10-cup cookie recipe to add to the mix. You can find anything on the internet. I have interesting ideas for them all. Oh, I forgot about Mr. Chan's egg rolls. I'll find a recipe for those too. Although I might have one in a cookbook on hand. I'll check the bookshelf in the basement.

 

A Downy Woodpecker landed on the Slinky for a little ride. There were Sparrows hogging the round feeder so it rested on the Slinky for a while before going over to the suet nuggets for a snack.

 


Today's drawing prompt was House Plant. Another oddball thing to draw. I might have to see if I can't find another class of drawing prompts because I'm not getting as much satisfaction out of this series as I thought I would. Still like drawing the letters, though.

 

And finally here's today's Dad's rose, red as ever and smelling just as sweet.

 

--Barbara 

No comments: